The 2017 CrossFit Games Open has come to an end. For thousands of participants it marks the start of the 2018 prep season. For only 665 individuals (total teams included), it marks the next stage of their competitive season, Regionals.
The Open is a love/hate relationship for many of us. Some of the announced workouts are right up our alley while others leave us hoping and praying for just one bar muscle-up. The experience is different for us all, but at the end of the day two things always reign true: 1. We are challenged as athletes and 2. The community unites as we cheer each other on week after week.
Let’s take a moment to reminisce and acknowledge many of the achievements made by our incredible community over the course of 5 weeks.
- 60 members from CrossFit Diamond State participated, a box best!
- Jenn Ford hitting a PR snatch (and many reps to follow) at 95lbs
- Max Levenson finishing 1st overall in DE in her age group
- Odette Fuentes and Coach Randi finishing top 10 in DE in their age group
- Jeff Boyd, Andy Ford, Aaron Durst finishing top 10 in DE in their age group
- Jon Steila & Marty finishing top 10 in DE in their age group
- Susanne finishing top 10 in DE in her age group
- Coach Jaimie & Gia finishing 1st and 2nd overall in the state of DE (14th & 20th in the Mid Atlantic Region)
- Coach Chris and athlete Vinny finishing 1st and 2nd overall in the state of DE (17th & 20th in the Mid Atlantic Region)
- Team Diamond State finishing 3rd overall in the Mid Atlantic Region
If your CrossFit Games season is over and 2018 prep has begun, stay focused and keep working hard. There is progress to be made every day you step in the gym and make the conscious decision to live a healthy lifestyle. Your coaches and CFDS community support you and are here for you every step of the way.
The next stop for Team Diamond State is the Atlantic Regional in Atlanta, GA. The competition begins Friday, June 2 and runs until Sunday, June 4th. If you’re interested in making the trip, tickets for the event can be purchased at games.crossfit.com. If you’re staying local the competition will be live streamed!